Monday, March 12, 2012

Settling Down

 The only thing I will ever regret about this year is that I couldn't share the experiences of settling down with my friends. This year, most of my friends have been doing the "grown-up" thing; starting careers, getting apartments, looking for entry level jobs, grocery shopping. You might look at this list and think, why would she regret this?

I am not missing not being able to do these things, but I am going to miss sharing this experience with my friends. When I get around to doing this for keeps, most of my peers will have had jobs and apartments for months, if not the whole year.

I am settling in Hawai'i for a couple of months. I have a shared house, a job, and most importantly, a library card. While this might not seem like much to you, this is a lot for a gypsy who has not sent more then a couple of weeks in one place since August.

I'm going to spend a bit of time re-cooperating while still traveling in a place I've always wanted to go.

I am so proud of my friends who have started to pave their own permanent paths in life, and I can't wait to join them.

No comments:

Post a Comment